What makes Femal unique?
This is where nature meets science… Femal’s active ingredient is PureCyTonin® complexes (purified pollen extract).
This active ingredient stems from a unique patented biotechnology, in which pollen undergoes a thorough process of filtration and extraction to remove the outer shells of the pollen, leaving behind a purified pollen extract known as PureCyTonin®.
- An oral capsule, taken once a day at any time
- Unique, sourced from ingredients of natural origin
- PureCyTonin® (purified pollen extract)
- Hormone free
- Proven safety profile 2,Elia, 2008.
- Gluten free and lactose free
What is PureCyTonin® (purified pollen extract)?
Femal is sourced from pollen, but it undergoes a patented process which removes the allergenic shell. The shell of the pollen is the part that can cause allergic reactions like hayfever.
By removing this shell, the risk of allergic or hypersensitivity reactions to Femal is reduced to low. To date, no known allergens have been identified in relation to Femal2,Elia, 2008..
How long does Femal take to work?
Every woman has a different experience as they go through the menopause and similarly, each woman will have different experiences whilst taking Femal.
Femal has a gradual onset of action and in most women, positive effects can be seen around the 2 month (6-8 weeks) timepoint. In order to maintain the positive effects from Femal, it is important that it is taken continuously.4Winther K et al. Climacteric 2005; 8:162–170.
There are no restrictions for prolonged use of Femal, however no long term studies have been conducted.
Femal: no hormones and free of phytoestrogens
There are many alternative supplements available to support women through the menopause but not all of these products are free from hormones. In fact many of them contain phytoestrogens, which have hormonal effects. Phytoestrogens are plant-based compounds which may mimic the effect of oestrogen in the body, and include: soy isoflavones, flaxseed and red clover.5,Chen M-N, et al. Climacteric 2015; 18: 260–269. 6Cos P, et al. Planta Med 2003; 69(7): 589-599.
It’s undecided whether phytoestrogens are effective in the menopause, but they should be used with caution as their side effects are likely to be similar to those of synthetic oestrogen, and they may carry similar risks. 7,Patisaul H and Jefferson W. Front Neuroendocrinol 2010; 31(4): 400–419. 5, 6, 95. Chen M-N, et al. Climacteric 2015; 18: 260–269.
6. Cos P, et al. Planta Med 2003; 69(7): 589-599.
9. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Early and locally advanced breast cancer: diagnosis and management (NICE guideline NG101). 2018. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng101 In fact, it is recommended that black cohosh and isoflavones are avoided in breast cancer patients.9 National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Early and locally advanced breast cancer: diagnosis and management (NICE guideline NG101). 2018. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng101
Femal contains no phytoestrogens and has been thoroughly tested to ensure it contains no hormones.3,Elia D et al. Genesis. 2008; 135: 12-15. 4Winther K et al. Climacteric 2005; 8:162–170. It can therefore be used by women who have been advised to avoid oestrogen.
Femal helps support you through the menopause, without hormones or phytoestrogens.
- Unique Formulation
- Ingredients of natural origin
- Hormone free
- Oral, once a day
- Used by women in Europe for over 20 years
One Pack£26.20/pack£26.20 FREE SHIPPING
Most common choice
Three Packs£26.20/pack£26.20 FREE SHIPPING